Arhangelskoye is one of the famous estates in the Moscow outskirts, 5 km from the city. By the end of the 18-th century the estate got its present look, when its owner, the prince Nikolai Alekseyevich Golitsin, built a new stone palace and surrounded it by a vast park and groves. In 1810 Arhangelskoye was bought by a famous grandee Nikolai Borisovich Yusupov. The new owner brought here magnificent artistic collections – paintings of French, Italian and Dutch masters, masterpieces of antique and modern sculptures, items of decorative and applied art and a library. Yusupov built a wooden theatre in Arhangelskoye. The preserved decorations are the only authentic theatrical canvases in the world, created by the famous Italian artist Pietro di Gottardo Gonzaga. In 1919 state museum was opened in the estate. The artistic collections and parks, as well as concerts and holidays taking place there, attract numerous guests to Arhangelskoye.